FIDC wants the Falkland Islands to have a highly successful, diverse and sustainable economy, which is based on a dynamic private sector and reflects the island’s culture, identity and environment.
FIDC's Business Plan will outline our short, medium and long term ambitions, detail its measurable targets for performance, explain its organisation and staff structure, highlight its key drivers for its activities, illustrate its finances and analyses its risks. This comprehensive document signals to the FIDC Board and staff, Falkland Islands Government and the Falkland Islands business community FIDC’s intentions to deliver economic development for the Falkland Islands.
It contains a series of Objectives and Priorities for the Corporation over this period, which will be reviewed annually. The purpose for the production of a five-year business plan is to be strategically focussed and to satisfy the requirements of the Falkland Islands Development Corporation Ordinance 2013.
In order to achieve FIDC’s Vision of developing a highly successful, diverse and sustainable economy for the Falkland Islands, the Corporation’s Mission is as follows;
1. To advise on and implement the economic strategies of the Falkland Islands Government;
2. To play a key role in enabling the private sector to successfully secure and maximise new and existing business opportunities;
3. To encourage a dynamic private sector and promote joint public and private sector initiatives;
4. Add value across all sectors of the economy, both in existing and traditional businesses, as well as emerging ones;
5. Coordinate the engagement between the public sector and private sector.
Please select the link to download pdf FIDC Business Plan 2016 2021 (462 KB)